- September 15, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: QuickBooks
Here in this article, we will discuss how to install, update, and set up the QuickBooks database server. Firstly we understand what exactly is QuickBooks database server. After then we discuss the install, update, and set up the QuickBooks database server step by step.
Quickbooks database server
The QuickBooks database server manager is responsible for creating network data files for any company files stored on the host computer. It is a utility that allows you to configure the QuickBooks server for multi-user access. Quickbooks database manager is responsible for creating network data files for any company files stored on the host computer.
While performing these steps, if you get stuck at any position you may contact QuickBooks support 1-844-551-9757.
Now we discuss the Install, update, and set up the QuickBooks database:-
Install and set up the QuickBooks database server:-
There are some steps so you follow these step by step.
STEP-1:-Firstly double-click the installer for your QuickBooks and start the installation Wizard.
STEP-2:-Click Next if the computer is connected to the internet and able to download an update. If not, click No, Then click Next.
STEP-3:-Close other open programs.
STEP-4:-Then click Next.
STEP-5:-Read the terms of the Software Licence Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the term license agreement and click Next.
STEP-6:-Select Custom or Network Options.
STEP-7:-Choose I will be using QuickBooks on this computer AND I will be storing.If you will run the QuickBooks program on this computer.
STEP-8:-Choose I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer.If you will only store QuickBooks data on this computer.
STEP-9:-Then select yes, allow access.
STEP 10:-Enter the license number and product number.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Setup the database server manager after it has been installed. So they are processed to install the QuickBooks database server manager.
Contact QuickBooks Support by Phone: 1-844-551-9757.
Updating of QuickBooks database manager.
In which we discuss the database manager, It may be necessary to update the database server manager. Generally, it is necessary when a new year of QuickBooks desktop is installed on the workstation or if a critical update to a current year is released.
- Firstly download the patch from Update Quickbooks desktop to the latest release.
NOTE:- The patch for the server is the same as the patch for the workstation.
- In which Firstly restart the server after the installation complete.
- After than in which on the workstation, after the server has been updated, then you may get the following message: The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of Quickbooks Desktop
- So after then, there will be a prompt to create a backup which is required since these update can modify the database structure.
- After then follow the prompts after the backup is completed, you should be able to open the file.
Setup And Use The Quickbooks Database Server Manager:-
Open the QuickBooks database server manager:-
Firstly go to start, click programs, click QuickBooks and then click QuickBooks database server manager.
STEP 1:-Scan folder features:-
In which we discuss the setup of the scan folder features. Then All the company files stored on the server must be scanned once to ensure that they are configured properly to allow other users access to this company file.
- Firstly go to start, then click programs then click QuickBooks database server manager.
- After then click Scan Folders.
- In which indicate which folders contain QuickBooks company files. Then if you are not sure where files are stored then you can choose to scan entire disks.
- After then click scan for beginning the scan.
- Then the folders are scan the display bar will indicate which folder is scanned.
- When the scan is complete the company files go to the scan folder.
- The scan folder provides for multiple users at the same time. In which the scan folder configured for multiple users.
STEP 2:-Monitored Derives Features:-
In which we discuss the monitored derives features. The monitor derives features used for the keep the QuickBooks database server manager up to date as you add new company files for your server.
- Firstly, you click on go to start, click Programs, click QuickBooks and then click QuickBooks database manager.
- Then click the monitored device.
- After then click to select all the local drives that you want the monitored for company files that are added, removed and renamed.
NOTE:- In which map drives are not displayed and can not be monitored.
STEP 3:-Database server future:-
- In which Firstly you open the QuickBooks database server manager to determine.
- Then in which the company files connected to the server and the list of users logged into each company files.
- The status of the QuickBooks database server services, when the server is hosting company files that the service should be running.
- To change the status of the services use the service administrative tool to configure the services QuickBooks.
Need support for QuickBooks Online: Dial 1-844-551-9757
STEP 4:-Update features:-
After we discuss the QuickBooks database server manager to update features.Used for the update feature to download the update to the QuickBooks server and to view the QuickBooks version.
- Firstly go to start
- Then click programs
- After then click QuickBooks
- And then click QuickBooks database server manager
- Click system
- Read the information for the computer where the database is installed.
You can use the QuickBooks database server manager to:-
- Firstly you can use the QuickBooks database used for scan folders for QuickBooks company files that need to be configured for multi user access.
- The QuickBooks database manager used for monitor local hard drives to configure new company files automatically.
Need additional support? Want to contact a Proadvisor for help? You may simply dial our QuickBooks Payroll support phone number 1-844-551-9757 to get instant help.